Monday, July 28, 2008

Shakespeare Quotes

Some Great Shakespeare Quotes:

“That man that hath a tongue, I say, is no man, if with his tongue he cannot win a woman.” – The Two Gentlemen of Verona

“I dare do all that may become a man, who dares do more is none.” – Macbeth

“I like God do not play with dice and do not believe in coincidence.”

“And thus I clothe my naked villainy / With old odd ends stolen forth from holy writ/And seem a saint when most I play the devil.” – Richard III

“There are no coincidences Delia, only the illusion of coincidence.”

"Did my heart love till now? forswear it, sight! For I ne'er saw true beauty till this night." – Romeo and Juliet

“"Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them" – Twelfth Night

"Honest plain words best pierce the ear of grief" - Love’s Labors Lost

"Ignorance is the curse of God, knowledge the wing wherewith we fly to heaven" - Henry VI

"Words without thoughts never to heaven go" – Hamlet

"If I lose mine honour, I lose myself" – Anthony and Cleopatra

"Be just and fear not" – Henry VIII

"The course of true love never did run smooth" – Midsummer Night’s Dream

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none" – All’s Well that Ends Well

"They do not love that do not show their love" – Two Gentlemen of Verona
"Love sought is good, but given unsought is better" – Twelfth Night

"Praising what is lost, makes the remembrance dear" – All’s Well That Ends Well

"Wisely and slow; they stumble who run fast" – Romeo and Juliet

"To thine own self be true; and it must follow, as the night the day, thou can'st not then be false to any man" – Hamlet

"The private wound is deepest" – Two Gentlemen of Verona

"O, flatter me, for love delights in praises – Two Gentlemen of Verona

"Defend your reputation, or bid farewell to your good life for ever" – Merry Wives of Windsor

"He that filches from me my good name, robs me of that which not enriches him, but makes me poor indeed" – Othello

"Sleep seldom visits sorrow; when it doth, it is a comforter" – Tempest

"When sorrow comes, they come not single spies, but in battalions" – Hamlet

"Do thy worst old Time; despite thy wrong, my love shall in my verse ever live young" – Sonnet 19

"How hard it is for women to keep counsel !" – Julius Caesar

No comments: